As part of our ongoing effort to help you manage the current health crisis, here’s a round up of this week’s news, curated especially for child care leaders.
- Trauma- informed Support: Local advocate (and DAL committee member!) Kim Stewart partnered with our friends at Kangarootime to facilitate an excellent webinar focused on supporting children, families, and staff with trauma-informed strategies. You can access the full recording here.
- CCRN Updates: In an effort to ensure that WNY child care providers are informed about local efforts to help mitigate the impact of COVID-19, the Child Care Resource Network has committed to sharing a weekly update. You can access the April 29 newsletter on CCRN’s Facebook page here.
- 4/30 Conference Call: Tiffany Malone, WNY child care advocate and business owner, took a few minutes to catch up with DAL’s leadership consultant, Christina Fecio. Tiffany kindly recapped the April 30 conference call that included updates from OCFS, Erie County DSS, and CCRN. You can access this Child Care Chat here.
- Advocacy Update: Beth Starks, WNY child care advocate and program director, also took a few minutes to catch up with Christina. In this brief interview, Beth shares insight into her involvement in statewide efforts to help child care providers navigate (and recover from) the pandemic. You can access this Child Care Chat here.
- Staying Connected with Families: Lindsay Kilijanski, education specialist and AEYC committee member, took some time to catch up with Christina, too. Lindsay shared some of the strategies that Holy Cross Head Start is using to stay connected with families during their closure. You can access this Child Care Chat here.