DAL is committed to continuing to help you manage the current health crisis. Here’s a round up of this week’s news, curated especially for child care leaders.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: The NAEYC Virtual Institute (6 weeks of presentations) opens on June 1 and is open to all.
- CAREER SUPPORT: WNY’s early childhood career development coordinator, Gerald Smith, explains the (free!) services he provides in this brief child care chat.
- CCRN UPDATES: This week’s CCRN newsletter includes helpful information about the NY Forward Loan Fund, (free) virtual training options, and more. Access the newsletter here.
- ADVOCACY: If you’re wondering what you can do to urge Congress to provide child care relief, check out these “Take Action Now” tools. The Child Care Relief campaign is a nationwide collaboration of child care stakeholders; learn more about the collaborators here.
- ERIE COUNTY DSS: It was announced that the COVID-19 waiver has been extended to include June payments, with a reminder that parent fees are covered by the waiver (paid by the county) so programs cannot collect fees from parents.